Property of Dr. John Edward Marsh who studied in Heidleberg Germany in the 1860s
This microscope was owned by
Dr. John Edward Marsh who studied in Heidleberg Germany in
the 1860's and practiced in the USA. According to the Zeiss archives (see below), this instrument is Stand II. It was
manufactured on Oct. 30, 1867 and purchased in Jena
on April 29, 1868. It came supplied with two objectives
stored in a small leather case and two eyepieces. It was purchased for
this collection in the USA from a descendent.