The microscope came supplied with four eyepieces, three objectives with canister, and a sub-stage aperture holder with one of the original three aperture stops.
Stand VI. Fixed stage.
Illumination by plane and concave mirrors with universal motion in and out of the optic axis. Cylinder diaphragm with jacket fitted to the under surface of the stage by a bayonet catch, easily removed when very oblique light is required. This arrangement also permits the application of the illuminator No. 19 (of about 1.10 mm, aper.) in place of the diaphragm, when objectives of larger aperture are in use.
Coarse adjustment by sliding tube. Body provided with draw-tube.
Fine adjustment by micrometer screw of new construction.
This stand is made to incline. (Fig. 16.)
In all respects as stand VI but non inclinable.
Rather stoutly built for laboratory use, but the strongest objectives
are available on account of the fine quality of the micrometer movement
(Illuminator No. 19 as in stand VI). (Fig. 17.)
As shown below from the extract taken from the Zeiss production books,
this microscope was delivered to the firm E. Lutz, Paris in 1886. Edouard Lutz traded at 49
Boulevard Saint Germain, Paris in the 19th century. His trade card indicates that he
manufactured instruments. Evidently, he also retailed instruments made by other firms
such as this Zeiss VII microscope.